Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Secret Place: Part One



     Today I am writing about a very special place. It is my favorite place this side of heaven. I love to visit often and I am in the process of learning to live there.. I am speaking of the secret place of the Most High God. 





Many of you are familiar with Psalm 91 that says:


He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High 
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: 
my God; in him will I trust.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the Fowler, 
and from the noisome pestilence.

He shall cover thee with his feathers, 
and under his wings shalt thou trust: 
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; 
nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
 nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, 
and ten thousand at thy right hand; 
but it shall not come nigh thee.

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
 and see the reward of the wicked.

Because thou hast made the LORD, 
which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

There shall no evil befall thee, 
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, 
to keep thee in all thy ways.

They shall bear thee up in their hands,
 lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
 the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Because he hath set his love upon me, 
therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, 
because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: 
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

With long life will I satisfy him, 
and shew him my salvation.

     This passage begins with the words "he that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high".
We must learn to make this place our home and dwell there at all times. All these promises of protection apply to those who make God their habitation and learn to live in the secret place. I have been in that place many times but didn't realize until Father revealed it to my heart that He wants us to live there. He loves us so much that He longs to take us to a place of fellowship that is even better than that of the apostle John, who would lay his head on Jesus' chest and listen to the heartbeat of God.We can and must learn to see this place as more real than the natural world. 

     The scriptures say in Ephesians Chapter Two:

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

     Father's love for us is so great that he forgave our sins and made us alive when he raised us up with Christ Jesus and made us to exist in the same realm that He does.He did this for the purpose of showing us how much He loves us. Because of His great love for us He didn't want us to wait all of our lifetime until we passed into the next world to have fellowship with him. He wants us to be able to abide with Him where He is in the present time. He came to live in us and wants us to be able to see into that world where He abides and to be in constant fellowship with him at all times. 

     Jesus showed us how this was done. He accomplished more than anyone who ever walked on this planet and yet at the same time kept in constant fellowship with our Father. He always said that He only did what He saw the Father doing. He would say things like,"My Father in me does the works." Even when he raised Lazarus from the dead He said "Father I thank you that you always hear me." even though he hadn't said anything audibly. He was so in tune with Father that even his thoughts were heard.

     Father hears our thoughts also. That is why the scripture says "let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight.  He loves us so much that He hears every thought, every cry, every whisper and every prayer. We should be just as focused on Him as He is on us.

     Jesus' heart and his eyes were always on the heavenly realm and I'll give you a couple more examples.

     When He fed the multitudes the scriptures say in Luke Chapter Nine that Jesus took the loaves and looked towards heaven and blessed them. He didn't look at the loaves as his supply, He looked towards heaven. He understood that the realm above is more real than the physical realm. 

     In John Chapter Three when Jesus was talking to Nicodemus he said the following:
And no man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man which is in heaven.

     Notice he didn't say which was in heaven, but which is in heaven.He came down from heaven and was still in heaven and on the earth at the same time.  He lived in both realms simultaneously. Thanks to Jesus and his finished work at the cross now we are able to do the same thing.

    These are His words and not mine. He is the one who seated us in heavenly places for we could not do it for ourselves. It was His plan to make us able to fellowship with Him in the spiritual realm and we are just now beginning to learn how to abide there and be conscious of both realms at the same time. He did this because He loves us and wants us to be fully conscious of that his love. He wants to be present in every moment of our lives for eternity. We are just beginning to see the depth of His love. What an Awesome Father we have who loves us this much!
     
     One day while I was studying about Stephen and how he was being stoned I told the Lord that it was wonderful that you let him see you while he was being martyred. He spoke to me and told me that Stephen saw him every time he prayed. 

     We can also learn to see Him when we pray. He want's us to see him at all times just as He saw our Father each time He prayed. We should be able to take our eyes off the temporary world and look into the eternal world and see Jesus seated at the right hand of Father. We have settled too long for a religion when we could have a relationship with a living God and His son Jesus and Holy Spirit. He is calling us into this relationship where we see and know Him face to face.

     As I was meditating on all these things last week I heard Jesus singing and I listened in amazement to the love song that He sang to me.The invitation in His song is for all who will listen to Him sing. He told me to write down the words of the song He was singing. I hope to record it soon but until then I will give you the words and you can ask Him to sing it to you also.

These are the words He sang to me:

Will you come to me
in the secret place?
For just a little while,
will you stop and pray?

I want you to see my face.
Behold the glory of my grace,
and get lost in my embrace.
In the secret place.

When you come to me
in the secret place,
look deep into my eyes
and lock the world away.

I want you to see my face.
Behold the glory of my grace
and get lost in my embrace.
In the secret place.

I am always waiting,
in the secret place.
Always waiting for you.
Please come right away.

I want you to see my face.
Behold the glory of my grace
and get lost in my embrace.
In the secret place.

All you have to do is look deep inside your heart.
Heaven's doorway is within you so no matter where you are.
There's a secret place.  It's our secret place.

I want you to see my face.
Behold the glory of my grace
and get lost in my embrace.
In the secret place.


     I hope you are encouraged by these words.
Until next time.
Grow Rich in His Grace
I love you each and every one.
Michael


     For more information please contact us at:
michaelottministries.org