Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

You Wouldn't Cry

     An audio version of this message will soon be available at the link below:




 

Second Corinthians Chapter Five

For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 

We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 
For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.

While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 

God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 
For we live by believing and not by seeing. 
Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.



     Lately some people who are very dear to my heart have moved to heaven. I know they are in the greatest joy ever, but sometimes my heart still mourns for them and I miss them terribly. I know many of you also have experienced this in recent days and months. Sometimes when I am hurting and missing loved ones Holy Spirit takes me back to a song that He gave me years ago.

     It was a hard time. Our mother had passed away and I made it through the funeral and through a couple days after. It seemed that the event hadn't hit me yet. My emotions were suspended while I tried to show strength and tried to be there for my loved ones. I made it fine until Sunday came. 

     Every Sunday evening I would call Mama just to visit and to tell her I love her. As usual on that Sunday, without thinking, I picked up my phone and dialed her number. As it rang and rang and rang it finally hit me. Mama was not going to answer. She was gone to be with Jesus.

     Suddenly the emotion hit me and I ran to my prayer closet and fell on my knees crying. I cried out to God, I just missed her so much. I sat there crying for several moments and then sweet, loving Holy Spirit does what he does so well. He comforted me.

     I don't even know how to explain how he does what he does, but suddenly I heard Mama singing. This was not unusual while she was on earth. Seems like she was always singing. I remember following her around as a child. She would go from chore to chore singing “His Eye is on the Sparrow” I can still hear it until this day. But this night it was a different song. She started with the Chorus and then sang the verses. I know many of you may not believe me and that's okay. Whether you believe me or not, I hope that you will get your own songs from heaven sung by your loved one that has departed.

     I sat there and my tears of sorrow were replaced with tears of joy and amazement. I quickly grabbed a pen and wrote down the word to this song called "You Wouldn't Cry." I hope the words to this song comfort all of you who are missing your loved ones.

     Once again, thanks to all of you for your prayers and your encouragement to me. You are a great blessing to me.
I really do love you each and every one.

      I recorded the song and there is a link to it below where you can listen. Thanks for tolerating my homemade recordings.

Until next time,
Grow Rich in His Grace,
I love you all,
michael. 

     Here is the link to the song:


     You Wouldn't Cry



     For more information please click the links below:

michaelottministries.org

michael's blog

michael's podcast

michael on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment