Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Two Choices

An audio version of this message will soon be at the following link:

michaelottministries.podomatic.com


Colossians Chapter One NLT

1.This letter is from Paul, chosen by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and from our brother Timothy. 2. We are writing to God’s holy people in the city of Colosse, who are faithful brothers and sisters in Christ. May God our Father give you grace and peace.

3. We always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 4.For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, 5. which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. You have had this expectation ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News.

6.This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God’s wonderful grace.

7. You learned about the Good News from Epaphras, our beloved co-worker. He is Christ’s faithful servant, and he is helping us on your behalf. 8. He has told us about the love for others that the Holy Spirit has given you.

9. So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.

11. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, 12. always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13.For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, 14. who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins.

15. Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,

16. for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see. Such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. 17. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.

18. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So, he is first in everything.

19. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, 20. and through him God reconciled everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.

21. This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.

23. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.


     As I read these scriptures today and meditated on how God made peace with all things in heaven and in earth. I wondered why there is so much chaos in our own minds when Father already made peace with us. God says we are at peace and religion tells us that God is angry with us and can’t wait to pour his wrath out on us. As I was thinking on these things he began explaining these things to me and asked me to share with you. 

     Here are his words to me.

     My children. I am at peace with you. You are holy and perfect in my sight. You enemy wants to deceive you and make you think I am angry with you. He can’t separate me from you so he tries to separate you from me by clouding your mind with lies. Deception is his favorite weapon because if he can deceive you then that deception is like a virus and spreads throughout the body, because you are all one.

     You have already been taken out of the kingdom of darkness and been relocated into my kingdom of light and love. You no longer live in the dark realm. This is a fact, and the only part of you that still has anything to do with that old kingdom is your mind. This is why you can be transformed into my image by renewing your mind. 

     This means to change the way you think about yourself. You have to change your mind and believe my truth. You are washed in the blood of my son and are holy before me and you can’t let this fact slip. Don’t let your enemy make you think you are still in that prison of darkness and sin. You are in my kingdom and you are my children.

     Keeping your mind set firmly on this truth is how you keep it at peace. Think of it this way. Remember when you were a child and you were in third grade? Are you still in third grade? No, but you can remember it. If you dwell on it for a few moments, you can probably picture your classmates and smell the books and the paper. You can remember your life in the old kingdom but you are no longer there. When you wake up to this truth you will become conscious of who you really are and then the enemy can longer deceive you.

     Stay at peace with me by knowing that I am the one who made the peace. You didn’t make peace with me, I made it with you. If it’s my peace, then you can’t break it. I won’t change my mind. I loved you and saved you and chose you and I am delighted with myself that I did. You just don’t know how wonderful you are and how much I love you. I love you so much that I created eternity just to have a place that could contain the joy that I have because you are mine.

     Here is another example. Do you ever slip and do childish things? Do you sometimes lose your temper and say things you don’t mean? Do you sometimes throw a tantrum when things don’t go your way? Of course, but that doesn’t mean you are still a child. It just means that for a moment you forgot who you really are.

     When the truth that you are righteous and holy and made in my image becomes fact in your own heart and mind then you will grow into the truth. The truth can’t change. It is established forever. 

     The absolute truth is you are accepted and loved and holy in my sight so you only have two choices. You can accept the truth and grow into the truth, or you can keep believing the lies the enemy tells you and keep slipping back into old habits because you forgot your old ways died on that cross with my beloved Jesus.

     I created you in my image. How did I do this? I looked at myself and formed you into what I saw. Just as a skilled artist looks at the picture in his heart and draws what he sees on the canvas. You must do the same thing. You must look at Christ and be changed from glory to glory. You are glorious already, and looking at him will make all the things that are hiding his beauty fall away.

     Remember my beloved ones. You become what you focus on. If you focus on the lie that you are unholy then you will live like it. If you focus on the truth that you are already perfect in my sight you will become what you see. You are already all these things everywhere but in your own minds.

     I set before you today two choices: Believe who I said you are or believe your enemy. You can choose to believe the only being in the universe who can’t lie. Or you can believe the only being in the universe who can’t tell the truth. Is it that hard my beloved?

     My children, awaken to my truth and know who you are. Know that you are loved and you are called and chose to bear my light. You are my body. I inhabit you by my Spirit and wear you with honor. I am eternally delighted that you are mine. I want you to be delighted that you are mine also.

    Don’t forget my children to love each other as I love you.



     This is the end of the words he spoke to me this morning.
 I hope you are encouraged by these words. 
Until next time,
Grow Rich in His Grace,
I love you all,
michael

     
     For more information please click the links below: