Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Monday, December 14, 2015

The Hiding Place



Isaiah 32

Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, 
and princes shall rule in judgment.

And a man shall be as a hiding place from the wind, 
and a covert from the tempest; 
as rivers of water in a dry place, 
as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.


     I love these scriptures in Isaiah. It paints such a pretty picture of who our Lord is and who we are becoming. As I usually do, I read these verses I look for questions and for a prayer that I can pray from them. I do this with all scriptures for I believe the scriptures are not just words but they are doorways into the realm of heaven. I believe if you pray the scriptures you will become the picture that they are painting.

     So I had to ask myself the questions from these verses:

     1: Jesus is the King who rules in righteousness, so have I given him every part of my life to rule over? Is there any area in my life that I have not given him complete Lordship over? Is he the Lord over my thoughts and actions and dreams? Is he Lord over every decision I make?

     2: Princes will rule in judgment. Jesus is King of Kings, and we are God’s children who are being trained to be kings. We are princes in his kingdom but he only allows us to rule if we rule with just judgment. The more like Jesus we become the more authority we are given. We must learn to judge the way he does and not as the world does. We must look at Jesus and judge things the way he exampled for us. We have these examples in the New Testament. For example: Jesus judgment against those in sin was not condemnation. It was be whole and sin no more. He is always looking to save and not to destroy.

     The next part of these verses is my favorite. Let these words paint a picture in your mind.

And a man shall be as a hiding place from the wind, 
and a covert from the tempest; 
as rivers of water in a dry place, 
as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.

     As we learn to let our King rule over us in righteousness and then we learn to judge the way he does, it is then when we become a hiding place from the wind. Just as Jesus is our hiding place. He is our covert in the tempest, our water in the dry place and the shade from the scorching sun.

     So my last question must be:

     3: Am I a hiding place for someone else? When the storms of life rage against them can they count on me for shelter? Am I someone who people run to and not from? When others are thirsty can they come to me for encouragement and a cool drink of peace? When the troubles of life are so hot that others are scorching am I willing to be their shade where they can hide until things get better?

     The only way to become the hiding place for others is to become hidden ourselves. Psalm 27 verse five says it this way:

For he will hide me in his shelter
in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
he will lift me high upon a rock.

     And in Colossians chapter three the scriptures say:

If then you have been raised with Christ, 
seek the things that are above, 
where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 
Set your minds on things that are above, 
not on things that are on earth. 
 For you have died, and your life 
is hidden with Christ in God. 

     So my prayer today is one I hope you will pray also:

Lord Jesus, please rule over all of my life.
Be King over all that I am.

Teach me to rule over the darkness in the world with righteousness and true judgment. 

Let me not judge others unjustly but let me judge all things according to your instruction.

Please my Lord, help me stay hidden in you.
Let others not see me at all, but let them see you in me.

Teach me to be a hiding place for other who are facing raging storms.

Help me be the place where those who are thirsty can find your living water flowing from me.

Help me be to deflect the heat from others so they can rest.

Help me dear Lord to be just as you are. Amen and Amen!


     I hope you are encouraged by these words,
Until next time,
Grow Rich in His Grace,
I love you all,
michael


For more information please click on one of the links below.