Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Rowing or Resting?

     An audio version of this message will be available at the link below:



Mark Chapter Six


30. Meanwhile, the apostles gathered around Jesus and brought Him news of all they had done and taught. And He said to them, “Come with me privately to a solitary place, and let us rest for a while.” For many people were coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.

So they went away in a boat by themselves to a solitary place. But many people saw them leaving and recognized them. They ran together on foot from all the towns and arrived before them. When Jesus stepped ashore and saw a large crowd, He had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And He began to teach them many things.

By now the hour was already late. So the disciples came to Jesus and said, “This is a desolate place, and the hour is already late. Dismiss the crowd so they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”

But Jesus told them, “You give them something to eat.”

They asked Him, “Should we go out and spend two hundred denari to give all of them bread to eat?”

“Go and see how many loaves you have,” He told them.

And after checking, they said, “Five and two fish.”

Then Jesus directed them to have the people sit in groups on the green grass. So they sat down in groups of hundreds and fifties.

Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, Jesus spoke a blessing and broke the loaves. Then He gave them to His disciples to set before the people. And He divided the two fish among them all.

They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces of bread and fish. And there were five thousand men who had eaten the loaves.

Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of Him to Bethsaida, while He dismissed the crowd. After bidding them farewell, He went up on the mountain to pray.

When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the sea, and Jesus was alone on land. He could see that the disciples were straining to row, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night, Jesus went out to them, walking on the sea. He intended to pass by them, but when they saw Him walking on the sea, they cried out, thinking He was a ghost for they all saw Him and were terrified.

But Jesus spoke up at once: “Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.” Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. And the disciples were utterly astounded, for they had not understood about the loaves, but their hearts had been hardened.

     As I was reading these verses today I was thinking about the disciples and how weary they must have been. They had traveled into the wilderness to get some time away to grieve the passing of John the Baptist and to rest. However the multitudes of people followed them and were with them all day. After being there all day and then having to pick up all the leftovers they were told to get into a boat where they rowed against the wind for hours. Jesus had sent away the crowds before dark and then told the disciples to get into a boat and it was the fourth watch of the night and they were still rowing.

     They had just seen Jesus feed a multitude with five loaves and two fishes. Yet their hearts were hardened because they didn’t understand about the loaves.

     As I was thinking on these things Jesus spoke to me and asked me to write down these words and share them with you. He said:

     My little ones, what storm are you in? Are the waves crashing and is the wind blowing you around? Are you weary from facing the storms of life and yet with all your rowing you are making no headway to get to your destination? Maybe you should consider the loaves and fishes and consider all the other wonders that have been done before your very eyes.

     I know you face difficulties. Some of these come from not understanding the miracles I am doing in your lives. I gave the loaves and fishes to my disciples to hand out to the people and then I had them pick up the leftover fragments. I did this so they would understand that I am always more than enough. 

     They told me there was not enough to feed this crowd and I fed them and had basketsful left over. I intended for them to see my bountiful supply yet they all thought I was giving them grief by making them pick up the leftovers. Their hearts were hardened thinking that I was belittling their faith by making them pick up what was left when all the time I was just trying to show them the abundance of my kingdom.

     This happens with most of my children. First you think there won’t be enough and then when I provide all you need and more you quickly forget about the miracles and get bogged down in the next storm. These things don’t have to be this way. You can learn to live in abundance by keeping your hearts set on me and the supply and not on the lack.

     This is why you were told to set your mind on things above and not on earthly things. When you understand that all things are already yours and whatever you give thanks for will come to you then life gets much easier. The disciples saw five loaves and two fish. I saw more than enough to feed a multitude with much left over. We were all looking at the same amount but their attitude was that of lack when my attitude is always abundance.

     This was true throughout scripture. I told Abraham to count the stars in the sky and count the sand of the sea shore. I wanted him to see how abundant my creation is. I made more than enough of all things. More than you could ever need. As long as you look at need and not at supply you will always have need. When you learn to look at only the bountiful supply of my kingdom you will forget what need is.

     When I took the loaves and fishes I didn’t see lack. I looked into the heavenly realm and heard the words “be fruitful and multiply.” This wasn’t a suggestion, it was a command. This principle works for whatever you have in your hands. If you think you are limited by what you see with your natural eyes then you are mistaken.

     Please my little ones. Stop rowing so hard and walk with me on the waves and dance with me on the storm. I am in your crisis. I am not willing to let you sink and drown. I am willing for you to make your destination safe and sound and full of joy. 

     Don’t let your hearts be troubled. This is a decision you have to make. You can choose to live in fear and doubt and keep facing the same storms or you can rejoice and every time someone says “there is not enough” you can just look at the stars in the sky and say “oh yes, there is plenty.”

   If you really look at the birds of the air and the flowers in the field and the stars in the sky and train your hearts to think this way then lack will disappear from your lives. Lack is a lie. There is more than enough. There is no shortage of anything. People only tell you there is a shortage so they can charge you more for what they have to sell you.

     So my loved ones; put down the oars and walk with me on the water. Stop fighting the wind and let me calm your storm. Understand the story of the loaves and fishes. Know me as the provider who always makes more than enough. I am bountiful yet not wasteful. If you learn who I am you will not have to struggle against the wind and row against the current.

   I can’t help myself. I wasn’t happy making just one tree or just one blade of grass, just one cow, just one bird or just one person. Multiplication is just part of my personality. Why make one when you can make trillions?

     Learn who I am. I will provide you with all the loaves and fishes you want, all the money you need, all the wisdom you need, all the love you need and all of anything else you can dream of. All I ask is that you don’t harden your heart. Don’t look at the storm; look at me walking to you in the storm. Don’t consider the wind and the waves; consider the one who made the air and the water.

     Do you remember you were told that today if you hear my voice don’t harden your heart? Listen to me: I am telling you how abundant I am. Don’t let your hearts be hardened by looking at lack as if it’s real. I AM the WAY, The TRUTH and The LIFE. I am reality and everything negative is either a lie or an illusion.

     I counted the cost of your life and just like the loaves and fishes, I multiplied your provisions exceedingly, abundantly above all you can imagine. I provided more than enough food for your hunger, more than enough money for your bills, more than enough health for your sickness and more than enough life to conquer death. All you have to do is keep a tender heart towards me and give thanks for what you have as you look into heaven at my abundance.

     I love you so much that I gave my life to prove it to you. Look at my cross and never doubt how much I love you. If I provided enough of my blood to save you how could I ever withhold anything you need?

     My children; please stop rowing and start resting. I am in your storm and in your boat because I am in you. Consider the loaves and fishes. Don’t see it as a miracle but see it as a demonstration of my personality. Don’t see miracles as what I do but see them as an extension of who I am. I am all that you need.

     You truly are my beloved. Hear my words that I speak to you today. I am going to write my love letters to you on your heart. You get to choose if I write with gentle words or with a chisel. I prefer to whisper.



     This is the end of the words He spoke to me earlier today.
I hope you are encouraged by these words.
Until next time,
Grow Rich in His Grace,
I love you all,
michael 


     For more information please click the links below: