Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Friday, May 27, 2016

That Woman?

For an audio version of this message,
please click on the link below;

michaelottministries.podomatic.com

New Living Translation

John Chapter 4


1. Jesus knew the Pharisees had heard that he was baptizing and making more disciples than John 2. (Though Jesus himself didn’t baptize them—his disciples did). 3. So he left Judea and returned to Galilee. 4. He had to go through Samaria on the way. 

5. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6. Jacob’s well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. 

7. Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” 8. He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.

9. The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?”

10. Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”

11. “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? 12. And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?” 

13. Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. 14. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”

15. “Please, sir,” the woman said, “give me this water! Then I’ll never be thirsty again, and I won’t have to come here to get water.”

16. “Go and get your husband,” Jesus told her.

17. “I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied.

Jesus said, “You’re right! You don’t have a husband.
18. For you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!”

19. “Sir,” the woman said, “you must be a prophet. 20. So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim, where our ancestors worshiped?”

21. Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22. You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. 23. But the time is coming and indeed it’s here now, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. 24. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

25. The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming, the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26. Then Jesus told her, “I AM the Messiah!”

27. Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, 

“What do you want with her?” or “Why are you talking to her?” 

28. The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, 29. “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?” 30. So the people came streaming from the village to see him.

31. Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, “Rabbi, eat something.”
32. But Jesus replied, “I have a kind of food you know nothing about.”

33. “Did someone bring him food while we were gone?” the disciples asked each other.

34. Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work. 
35. You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. 
36. The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike!

37. You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. 38. I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest.”

39. Many Samaritans from the village believed in Jesus because the woman had said, “He told me everything I ever did!” 40. When they came out to see him, they begged him to stay in their village. So he stayed for two days, 41. Long enough for many more to hear his message and believe. 

42. Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not just because of what you told us, but because we have heard him ourselves. Now we know that he is indeed the Savior of the world.”

     While meditating on these verses Father’s voice came to me and he said:

     My son, please write down these words and share them with my beloved ones. My children, my heartbeat my purpose and my plan. I need you to do something for me. My church today has become so politically correct and so prejudiced against sinners and that does not come from me.

     Think just a moment at this event that happened with my son Jesus and the Samaritan woman. Imagine today what would happen if a well-respected pastor came upon a woman who had been married five times and was living with a man that wasn’t her husband. Would he stop and offer her the living water that lives within all my believers, or would he be too afraid of what the religious people think and walk right by?

     Take a moment and really consider this. My son knew all of her faults and failures and not only did he not judge her, but he offered her salvation and sent her on a mission. He knew she would go back into the town and help bring salvation to those that the religious Jews at the time would not have anything to do with.

     This is one thing that grieves me in my Spirit today. My children are so quick to write off someone because they are trapped in sin. Jesus didn’t worry about what his disciples thought or what the religious people of the day would think. He didn’t see a sinner but saw a soon to be daughter of the kingdom.

     Did you see in those scriptures how the woman went into town and the whole town came out because of her? What if the key to changing your city is witnessing to the one person whom the church thinks is too sinful to speak to?

     So my beloved ones, will you put aside your prejudice against those who are trapped in sin and see past their sins and lead them to me? Do you remember what I told Peter in the vision? Don’t call unclean what I have cleansed.

     I need my children to have compassion on those that are out of the way. I need my children to set aside the political correctness and the “what if my pastor sees me speaking to this person” syndrome. These things do not come from me. Please don’t forget that I gave my only begotten son to save the people whom the church thinks are unclean.

     Think about this: Jesus didn’t go choose his disciples from the choir at the first church. He chose dirty, smelly fisherman some of whom had violent tempers and were prone to foul language and fighting. One of them even tried to cut off a man’s head with a sword. Some even wanted to call down fire and destroy a whole city. Jesus didn’t cast them away because they still had faults that they hadn’t grown out of yet. Being born again happens instantly: Discipline takes time. It takes time for those who were lost to learn the ways of the kingdom.

     So please my beloved. Don’t give up on those who are lost in their sins and those whom you are afraid to be seen with. I am not ashamed of any of them. They are the reason that the blood of my son was spilled, and that was good enough for me. I need my disciples to catch the fish and not clean the fish.

     So my beloved, think about how much I love you. Then think about those who are lost and please love them like I love you. Be kind and patient with them and look past their faults and their problems. Imagine if each of them were your only child. How would you treat them then? Remember my beloved, love each other and love the unlovable.

    This was the end of the words he spoke to me at that moment.

I hope you are encouraged by these words.
Until next time,
Grow Rich in His Grace,
I love you all,
michael



For more information please click on one of the links below: