Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Be Not Afraid!



Habakkuk Chapter Three 



Although the fig tree shall not blossom,

Neither shall fruit be on the vines;

The labor of the olive shall fail,

And the fields shall yield no food;

The flock shall be cut off from the fold,

And there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,

I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The LORD God is my strength,

And he will make my feet like deer's feet,

And he will make me walk upon my high places.


     Recently I've been hearing a lot of people talking about the end of the world and I've seen fear spreading like wildfire. These things are normal for people of the world but I've been seeing Christians who are so afraid and wondering what to do. So today I want to take time to encourage you to stop just a minute and think about what's really going on here.

     I know you can sense that we are living in what people call the end times. We see all the signs that Jesus and the prophets spoke of in scripture coming to pass. But these are not end times. These are beginning times. We are beginning to see the scripture fulfilled. We are beginning to see the kingdom of God formed in the earth. We are seeing God's plan come to pass in the earth.

     So why are we afraid? I think it's because we spend too much time listening with our ears and not our hearts. If you will just take time every day to listen to what Jesus is speaking into your heart then you will find a calm assurance that no matter how the storm rages you will be safe in His care. He is more than able to keep us safe and protect us from whatever comes.

     I'm not saying that bad things will not happen. I'm saying that we have a mighty God who is more than able to deliver us from all harm and keep us safe. It's time we people of faith stood up and declared the salvation that we have in our God and become a place of safety where others can run to in this troubled time. The world needs a safe place to run to and that place should be the church.

     Take a deep breath my brothers and sisters. You are beloved of your Father. You have His love, his protection and He even sent His Spirit to dwell in us to keep us safe. How much more protection do we need? Remember in Matthew chapter ten that Jesus said that even the hairs of our head are numbered? He loves us so much that He even cares for the smallest details.

     We can rest in the security of His love. He promised that He would never leave us or forsake us. He is with us no matter what the New Year brings. He will take care of us regardless of the situation of the world. Just as it says in the scripture written above; it does not matter if the whole world system fails. He will feed us. Just like Habakkuk. I will rejoice in my God. He will deliver me. He always has and He always will.

     So, please my friends. Let go of the fear. Rejoice in the hope of our soon returning King. It won't be long until He returns and makes all things right. He's got His eye on you to watch over you and keep you safe. You can trust Him. He will deliver you.

     In closing this blog I would like to remind you of a few things:

Though the flood destroyed the world the righteous had a boat in Noah's day and we have a much better boat today in Christ.

Abraham left a prosperous place and followed God into the wilderness where he became the richest of all.

The children of Israel were in Egypt when the plagues fell on Egypt. They had faith in the blood of a lamb and were safe. We should have more faith in the perfect Lamb of God to keep us safe also.

God fed millions with manna from heaven when they were in a wilderness between Egypt and the Promised Land where there was no food. He provided them water and sheltered them with himself from the heat and from the cold.

He brought them safely through the sea while all the armies of Pharaoh drowned.

Daniel went through the lion's den and came out safe and sound.

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego went through the fiery furnace and came out without as much as the smell of smoke.

God sent Elijah to a brook and had the ravens bring him food during the famine.

     Now look back at your own life and remember how many times He has rescued you and kept you from harm. He never fails and he never changes. His love for you is unchanging and He will be with you no matter what you are facing. Besides, what's the worst the world can do? Threaten us with heaven?

Isaiah Chapter forty one verse ten

Fear thou not; for I am with thee:

Be not dismayed; for I am thy God:

I will strengthen thee;

Yea, I will help thee;

Yea, I will uphold thee

With the right hand of my righteousness.



I hope you are encouraged by these words.

Until next time,

Grow Rich in His Grace,

I love you all,

michael


For more information please visit our website at:

michaelottministries.org