Contact me at this email address.

michaelallenott@gmail.com

Sunday, December 16, 2012

For the Birds



Matthew Chapter Six

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

     What an Awesome statement! In these days when finances are stretched so thin and all the news seems to be bad isn't it so wonderful to know that our Father is still in heaven and still has plenty. It is in this frame of mind that I want to make a few comments:

     We read this scripture so much but we don't really consider what this scripture says. We never really take time to study the fowls of the air and watch what they do every day. I am about to tell you a story that will make many of you who don't know God personally or haven't experienced his wisdom and humor think I've lost my mind.

     One morning I was awakened at daybreak by a bird singing. She had a nest in a tree right outside my window. Her song was so beautiful that I got out of bed and looked out of my window and my heart started singing with her.

     I could see that she had some eggs in the nest that she had built. While she kept singing I told the Lord that her song was beautiful and thanked Him for letting me start my day with her song. His voice then broke through the singing and in my heart I heard him ask me a question. He said "What is she singing about?" I said "Lord I guess she's just chirping because that's what birds do." Then He said to me, "Son is that what you really think? Do you think that beautiful song is just random sounds of chirping and has no meaning?"

     All of a sudden I realized that I had been terribly wrong. I knew in my heart that He asked me this question so I would ask Him a question. So I said "Lord what is she saying?" Instantly my understanding was opened and He let me hear what she was singing. As I began to understand her song I fell to my knees weeping and asking His forgiveness for being so hardhearted. This is the song I heard her sing:

The air is full of the fragrance of spring.

What wonderful joy His presence brings.

Each day there is plenty, I lack nothing at all.

He'll help me to fly and catch me if I fall.

While I slept so warm in my nest,

I knew in my heart today would be blessed.

I never purposely planted a single seed

But He has provided all that I need.

Soon my babies will be born in the nest.

I can't wait to tell them of how we are blessed.

Blessed by Jesus our creator and King.

Together we'll worship as I teach them to sing.


     Now I wonder how many of you are still reading this story and how many of you who know me are already thumbing through the yellow pages trying to find me some professional help. I know it sounds far out. But the bible is full of stories that seem far out.

     So for those of you who are still reading we'll move on. We as a church have been so deceived all these years by people who tell us that our provision is based on what we do and how hard we work. I'm telling you that that's not God's way.

     The scripture says that while we were yet sinners that God loved us and gave His only Son to save us. The scripture also says in the book of Romans chapter eight verse thirty two:

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all,

How shall he not with him also freely give us all things?


     Don't be afraid. Father loves us. He didn't just give His only Son. The bible tells us that Jesus created all things and by him all things exist and that everything that was ever created both visible and invisible was created by Him. So He already gave us all things when He gave us His only Son. It was all He had to give and He loved us so much that He didn't even hesitate. Remember, we read above that we are worth way more than the fowls of the air.

 So here's my point. All we have or will ever gain in this life is all because of His love for us and not according to what we can do. Our value to Him is not based on our performance but based on His unchanging love. Isn't that Amazing?

     I know that we have all been taught we are blessed by our giving but that doesn't hold up to the scripture. We are blessed by His giving. I am blessed because He loves me and for no other reason. I give because I'm blessed and not to get blessed.

     My Father loves me so He gave His only Son, so now as I receive all He gave to me, His love takes over my life and I give because I love and for no other reason. Giving for any other reason is wrong. We are in God's heart and He is in ours, so we give out of a loving heart because of who we are in him and not because we might get something in return.

     So now I can give freely because I know that I'm not giving anything that wasn't given to me. He becomes the source for all things in my life and the more I know Him as provider the less I need to hang on to.

     So now back to my bird story. I sat for over an hour watching that bird and listening to her song. Over the next few days I was blessed to watch her babies hatch and she taught them to sing and then to fly. I moved away but I know that in the woods of east Texas there is a beautiful bird who God used to teach me the secret to His kingdom.

     So today I'm asking you to take a moment and consider how much more your Father loves you than the birds. For them He sent berries and bugs and worms and nests but for you He sent His only beloved Son.

     Rest in His love and know that He will care for you. He gave you eternal life and whatever situation you are enduring now is just temporary. He will never leave you or forsake you and He has already made a way to take care of you. Don't be afraid. It's all according to His free gift and not according to your giving or your abilities. It's all about Him and His great love. Receive His love and provision and be blessed.

I hope you are encouraged by these words.

Until next time,

Grow Rich in His Grace,

I love you all,

michael

For more information please visit our website at: